Complete France Forum

Skip Hire

louis

Look at the pages jaunes or the on line version for "location bennes"

In my area it doesnt exist but I can see the yard of a company that once did it which is still littered with perfectly serviceable skip lorries 10 years after they went pop, the only place that still does them is the metal recyclers but you can only place metal in them.

In 10 years I have never seen a builders skip.

OH used to hire a 10m3 benne quite often but the price was horrendous plus he always had to get written permission to site it on the road and then usually it was for only a limited period and it had to be lit at night and warning panels placed each side. You normally can only put one type of rubbish in a benne such as all gravats or all timber or just metal and they charge for collection and sorting too if it is messy. To be honest unless you are business, the price is prohibitive and you can usually find a way round getting rid of rubbish here such as gravats to local farmers to use as field entry for the winter mud, tyres the same for holding down a bache, timber rubbish for industrial burning or for greenhouse furnaces, the list goes on and to be honest a good trailer is an investment whilst dumping at the déchetterie is free!

You haven't said what you want it for? If it's for getting rid of a definitive load of builders rubbish then a timely hire of a tipper from the local supermarket, up to about 3 1/2 tonnes, should be possible and dump it straight away? But I too have to admit that in the 10 years here I ain't seen a U.K. type skip??

The bennes here are different to UK style "suspended and drop" ones.Here they slide off a low vehicle on metal rollers which is why they are not sited usually inside a property as the vehicle has to be physically involved like a towtruck and needs lots of room.You also have to get the local maire to authorise road siting as I said and we got very well known so often the secretary did it on the maire's behalf. On average the last one we hired came to a total of around €350 for four days use and was for concrete only to be taken away which going to the local déchetteries would also have cost as professionals have to pay to dump here.

Archived