Jump to content
Complete France Forum


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


giantpanda's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)



  1. Hi! See: http://www.batiactu.com/edito/vers-un-controle-de-toutes-les-fosses-septiques-d--4820.php Ils ont en revanche rétabli contre l'avis du gouvernement un crédit d'impôt de 25% des dépenses de réhabilitation d'installations d'assainissement non collectif effectuées entre le 1er janvier 2006 et le 31 décembre 2010. You will have to watch the conditions and norms. Yours, giantpanda
  2. Hi! as already told to you, declare these are " salaries ", for higher sums, it will be BNC (Bénéfices non commerciaux ). Here is how you declare: Declaring GB salaries untaxed in GB. 1.Take for 2047/Go to page 1/ Heading: Traitements et Salaires: Filling Instructions: Col. 1: Vous Col. 2: Royaume Uni Col. 3: Sum gross 2.Go to 2047/page 4/Box V1 Filling instructions: Col. 1: Enter “ Vous “ Col. 2: Enter “ Royaume Uni3 Col.3: Enter “ Salaires ( Vous ) Col. 4 : Enter Sum Col. 5. Enter the costs of money transfer between GB and F ( both ends) – also others. Make Total in col. 4 according to instructions. This number = TK to carry over to 2042/4/TK ( see hereafter ) 2.Take sheet 2042/page 3/Heading 1 Go to Box AJ : Enter Sum gross. 3.Take sheet 2042/Page 4/Heading 8 In box TK fill the above carry over sum5 Salaries - Costs) 3.Extra entries on 2042/page 4/Heading 8 -if you have accounts in other countries( eg. GB) , put a cross in field UU Then Either : -fill form 3096 or give the details of all your banks accounts outside France on a separate sheet : Bank Name Address of Bank , Address of Heading of account , Type of Account, no numbers or add a loose page with the same indications and on 3096/Page 4 NB If you get interest, be aware, that if you have a French address on the account, then this information is transmitted to the French Head Tax Office, and normally available locally. - if you have life insurances ( outside France ) , put a cross in field TT Yours, giantpanda To download forms see ( in year field ,2009) http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/public/particuliers;jsessionid=SEV4YV4QT4WHFQFIEMPSFE4AVARW4IV1?paf_dm=full&paf_gm=content&paf_gear_id=100006&pageId=rch_formu&sfid=05&action=criteriaImprime&_DARGS=/portal/portlet/recherche/html/sharedPage.jsp.1_A&_DAV=
  3. Hi! It represents the transcription of a property following a succession. Now that depends on the value of the property transmitted, and on the départment. But here it could also include succession costs with all the declarations the Notaire has to make. Yours, giantpanda PS. Has you friend done an income tax declaration at the time of the death ( for the couple ) and a seperate declaration for the rest of the year for himself?
  4. Hi! Les droit d'auteur perçus en tant qu'écrivain sont assimilés à des salaires lorsqu'ils sont declarés par ceux qui vous les versent 5 CGI, Art. 93- 1 quater). Mais vous pouvez aussi choisir l'imposition dans la catégorie des BNB 5 BO 5 G-1 -98). For small sums I would suggest then to consider as salaries. Yours, giantpanda  
  5. Hi! Water prices can be very different locally. Ask your neighbors. Yours, giantpanda
  6. Hi! There is little information on the subject, even if you enter : Devenir de l'armement français en 1940 ( or 1941). On such matters they are rather discreet. 1. First you would have to go into the question if French and German armament had the same norms, and to find out if the French factories continued to operate for the Germans. 2. During the war, the Germans collected in the occupied areas, all cars, radios etc.on the main squares, and then dismounted the spare parts they could require - If this a really useful I do not know - All I can remember is the junk heap on the square, where we children used to play. They also collected scrap material, for foundries, which went as far as taking big statues. Yours, giantpanda
  7. Hi! Strange is that the rights ( play dates out of the 1920ties and this version was made in 1968 ) belong to Germany. Yours, giantpanda
  8. Hi! There are basically 2 different types of Assurance-Vie. 1. En "Unité de compte" - then you capital is safe. 2. Free choice of investment: Here you have to be discerning. A Assurance-Vie is not a short term matter, so a promise of 1st year return, does nt mean much. Also all the contracts with capital garantie, have catches - you have to go into detaail how that works ( Consider a bank never looses). Contracts with no entry costs , also basically mean that the costs are collected on a yearly basis . In some cases if you reshuffle the investments, there are extra fees. In an assurance-vie or PEA you can not transfer shares or obligations from France or from other countries. If you are considering in short or longer period any of these contracts, it is advisable to start as soon as possible with a token mount, since from that date onward the 8 year period beging; The main difference betweeen the Assurance -Vie and the PEA, is that you can take cash out without closing. Specifically for the PEA, you can take money out after 8 years, without closing, but you can not top-up. So in fact one could consider the French Assurance Vie as a grand savings account, where interest and added value are not taxed if you leave them there; Yours, giantpanda
  9. Hi! One point which also be interesting for some. They now also apply to rentals under certain conditions. See here:exemple du crédit d'impôt étendu au bailleur http://www.lesechos.fr/patrimoine/impots/300296468.htm Yours, giantpanda PS. To be clear : air pumps Air/Air are no longer in the list.
  10. Hi! Better check - they have reconducted the measures valid till 31.12.2008 till end 2009. http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F90.xhtml Here it is 60. But if you read on, there are other exceptions. Yours, giantpanda
  11. Hi! If you have the Avis d'Impostion for the corresponding year and fit in ( see hereunder ) you should claim. NB. The 75 years old, implies in fact 76. It does not apply if the person was 75 in the course of the year., but only if he was 75 , 1st January. Yours, giantpanda
  12. Hi! If they make 2 tax returns, then they can enter € 3296 ( board and bed ) without any specific  proof ( apart that the grandson is living with them) , but their grandson also has to enter that 2042/page 2/ Box AO None the less that does not hen have an impact in this case, if they do not pay now. Yours, giantpanda
  13. Hi! If they have an unemployed grandson living with them, then they can claim a tax reduction of Euro 3,2965 ( 2042/page 4/ GI) in 2009 for 2008 , if they do not do a common return, which then would give them 3 parts. So normally they would not pay any Taxe d'Habitation or redevance audiovisuelle. Further: Si vous êtes âgé de plus de 75 ans ou titulaire de l?allocation aux adultes handicapés (article L 815-23 et L815-3 du Code de la sécurité sociale), vous pouvez être exonéré de la taxe foncière de votre résidence principale . So if one was over 75, then also no Taxe Foncières. So all this are special cases. Yours, giantpanda
  14. Hi! Normally you should have had a quote. ( Legally ). Yours, giantpanda
  15. Hi! This is not correct - unfortunately people tend to generalise. - The Taxe d'Habitation is means tested. See here: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F42.xhtml The Taxe Foncière - here there are even less exceptions: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F3171.xhtml Now I presume you have made income tax returns - then you do not need to worry - the details for establishing the local tax amounts are taken from the Income tax return and automatically taken into consideration. Yours, giantpanda
  • Create New...