Jump to content

Le mot juste


Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me the name of those metal spikes which builder's use to temporarily support something like a beam against a wall.

They are usually about 20-30 cms long, with a loose, captured bar at right-angles to the spike. The spike is hammered into the wall, the bean (or whatever) is offered up to the wall, the bar it then hammered into place and wedges the beam against the wall.

I don't know what they are called in English, let alone French!

I've had about half a dozen of them gathering dust in a corner of the barn for about 10 years, and - typically the moment I need them (to mount 10, 4-metre lengths of 50x150) They are nowhere to be seen, but I bet I can order them online. Or at least I could if I know what they were called!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

  • Create New...