Zalensky wannabe!

cajal

41 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

France and the UK should be in Ukraine fighting for these people for crying out loud.?

So you are eager for WW3 to start? Because as soon as any EU/NATO country actually takes an active part in the fighting, as opposed to merely supporting those who are fighting, that will put France, UK etc at war with Russia.

That isn't brave, it's reckless.

Any of your family of an age to be called up?

Edited by EuroTr@sh

8 minutes ago, EuroTr@sh said:

So you are eager for WW3 to start? Because as soon as any EU/NATO country actually takes an active part in the fighting, as opposed to merely supporting those who are fighting, that will put France, UK etc at war with Russia.

That isn't brave, it's reckless.

Any of your family of an age to be called up?

Anaylsts will tell you that WW3 started 5-10 years ago. We are just in the middle bit.

If France and the UK enter the war (forget Nato and the EU and the UN because they are useless beyond usless) Putin would be executed by his own generals within minutes and the war would be over. 

So yeah, I prefer to go to war than watch helpless people and their country being erased from history.

I reckon, most people feel the same.  

Edited by alittlebitfrench

55 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

If France and the UK enter the war Putin would be executed by his own generals within minutes and the war would be over. 

Says the man who spent months and years telling everybody who would listen that they need not bother about residence cards because Brexit would not happen, ALBF could guarantee that 100 per cent cast iron solid gold. Brexit would not happen.

It might happen like you hope or it might not. As a country leader your first job is to protect YOUR citizens and YOUR country. At this stage no leader is justified in taking a flyer like that when the human costs, if nobody gets Putin - which is right out of your control - would be so huge.

1 minute ago, EuroTr@sh said:

Says the man who spent months and years telling everybody who would listen that they need not bother about residence cards because Brexit would not happen, ALBF could guarantee that 100 per cent cast iron solid gold. Brexit would not happen.

I have always said 'don't move to France unless you want to move to 'France'. The France bit not the cheap house. I maintain that point. 

I did say Bexit would not happen mind you. I confess to that. ?

5 minutes ago, EuroTr@sh said:

It might happen like you hope or it might not. As a country leader your first job is to protect YOUR citizens and YOUR country. At this stage no leader is justified in taking a flyer like that when the human costs, if nobody gets Putin - which is right out of your control - would be so huge.

I agree on that point. But being (I confess) a little bit working class and know how bullies work.

You take the fight to him. We/Ukraine are not fighting Russia...we are fighting one man. 

You play his game we will be back to square one in a few years time. 

Putin already said that the US and NATO have committed acts of war by sending arms to Ukraine.

But he hasn't attacked them.

If anyone sends troops with weapons to help shoot down Russian or Belarusian aircraft I don't think he would start a nuclear, or any other kind of war against them.

If his planes were shot down, Putin wouldn't know which country manned the weapons that were used.

Of course, everyone should deny they are there. After all, Russia is not there attacking anyone, so how could something not there be shot down?

The West should stop walking backwards. Putin's aims and intentions are already quite clear, and he is only encouraged by the lack of military action. He doesn't understand anything else, as has already been pointed out.

Sanctions are affecting ordinary Russians, and Putin doesn't give a flying fig for them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ssomon said:

If anyone sends troops with weapons to help shoot down Russian or Belarusian aircraft I don't think he would start a nuclear, or any other kind of war against them.

Oh well if you think it would be fine, that's ok then.

Liz Truss thought it would be fine too, so you have company in high places.

Grant Schapps, who isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but who least - unlike Truss - realises that when the stakes are this high it's a good idea to actually read a few treaties and keep your back covered. It's actually not fine for a country to get actively involved in fighting a country that it's not (yet) officially at war with. Even if Putin doesn't respond by nuking the UK to nothing, it's still not fine. If the UK is that keen to join in, the UK being an honourable country and all that it has to declare war first. Then it can send all the troops it likes. 

After you with that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/soldiers-squaddies-awol-russia-ukraine_uk_62286f11e4b07e948aecd31d

“There’s a big difference between Britain sending its army in and some people who are breaking with our law and going to do it."