Complete France Forum

Forum swamped by animal rescue messages

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the UK and France are very different dimensions RH.

I have often been attracted by animals in the CdQ postings, but it is a good 7 hour drive each way for me - and I am by no way a massive distance in French terms from Quercy - being also based in the South of the country.  In 7 hours I could get from Dover to Scotland. 

I appreciate that Andy, I may not have seen all of France but I have travelled top to bottom so I'm well aware of the distance....

What happened to the scheme where people used to volunteer to get dogs from point A to B and someone else from B to C etc ? Petrol prices too dear ? Insurance issues ?

Anyway for the moment we would like to try the routine suggested for animal rescue posts -

[quote user="Russethouse"]

What happened to the scheme where people used to volunteer to get dogs from point A to B and someone else from B to C etc ? Petrol prices too dear ? Insurance issues ?

[/quote]

It still goes on all the time RH, maybe not on here, but with French rescuers.  I'm just amazed at the trouble they'll go to to save a dog's life, even from Spain or Romania, or taking dogs from France up to homes in Germany, etc.  We rescued some oldies from Romania this Winter (where some die from the cold or buried under the snow) and J-P went all the way to Roissy to collect them (quite an emotional moment when they arrive off the plane after all they have been through).

If anyone would like to help a dog from Romania, just let me know!  They are all so incredibly soft and gentle.  Just Google "dogs Romania" and you will see the lives they have if any! 

Sorry, got a bit carried away there on the wrong thread!  Didn't mean to swamp in any way.   [:D]   [8-|]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote user="JandM"]

I tried to make it clear that  I was referring to one part of the forum, ie the part for the South West.

Click on this - hope the link works..  http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/305/ShowForum.aspx

The word 'swamped may be unwarranted. I don't mind which word is used, but around three quarters of all posts within one thread over the last eight months or so all from the same source and on the same subject is quite a lot. To me it makes  the thread look like a one person show,  which I reckon is likely to put  a lot of  people off. The book sale item was interesting, but I wonder how many people missed it because they've given up on that thread.

[/quote]

I am not going to wade through all of the posts on this thread. However, I take my hat off to those involved with animal rescue. I believe that France is the same as the UK and the various rescue centres are bursting with abandoned animals.

It seems most apt that rescue organisations in the SW place postings in the SW section - after all, would someone in the Pas de Calais travel down to, say, Tarbes, to view an animal that they might rescue.

There was not that much being posted in this section a while back and hopefully the rescue posting will do some good in giving an animal a good home.

If Sarkozy had not scuppered our plans to permanently relocate to France then our current rescue dog would have come from one of these organisations and not from one in Bradford UK.

And JandM as has been mentioned perhaps you would like to become a contributor starting threads instead of merely wanting to read and criticise them.

Paul

[quote user="Russethouse"]

What we would like to try is that you put all your animal rescue posts in the animal rescue section, because that would logically be the first place people who are looking for an animal would look. However, we do understand your desire to capture the attention of those more local to you so we  suggest that in addition once or twice a month you post a 'round up' in the South West section - perhaps as well as dogs/animals still needing homes you could mention success stories too ?

[/quote]

Sorry, but do not agree, sometimes I would think that the regional sections should reflect all aspects of regional things. One of the regional things are the people and animals in that region.