Complete France Forum

CENSORSHIP

jonnyboy

It might be as well to remember that Living France pays for this forum to exist and that the advertisers pay for Living France to exist. I am not against critism when it is well founded and constructive but it might be as well to remember which hand feeds oneself beofre biting it.

>After reading about the old postings
>- which were mainly derogatory
>- about VEF being deleted
>do I assume that we
>can say nothing against anyone
>who advertises in LF?

Keep on going - let's see if you CAN get the whole site closed. That would be a mature and positive act, wouldn't it?

I also run a list, and if I kept getting this sort of thing I would seriously consider jacking it in. Another list of which I am a member has served historians of WW1 well for years, but the listowner is considering stopping because of abuse she receives for enforcing list rules of etiquette.

If you don't like it, leave it.

• 2 years later...

Please see this topic: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/594746/ShowPost.aspx

I cannot remember when this site's admins last deleted any reference to VEF, this is one of those things that seems to have become an urban myth (i.e. I can't find anything derogatory about VEF so it must have been censored).

The reasons for deleting such postings, when they have happened, have far more to do with not wanting to lay the forum and magazine open to disputes about defamation than any fear of losing an advertiser.

I would assume one way for people to establish the

experiences others have received from any company (e.g. VEF) would be to post a

“I’m thinking of using company XXX – any good of bad experiences out there”.  Could be run like the old “Would like to

meet” forum area with responses only via PM or e-mail.  That way people could find out how others got

on with specific companies without laying the forum/magazines open to and

actions, loss of advertising revenue, etc.

Just a thought

Ian

The LF forum has a 'no naming and shaming' rule, which members agree to when they register, if I remember correctly. This is applied even handedly,  LF advertiser or not.

As Deimos says, there is a PM system here which is useful if you need to know actual names of agents where members have had poor experiences, perhaps the best thing (and possibly most useful) is to post the area and let interested parties take it from there?

Much more to the point Dick, how come Johnnyboy and Yanto888 posted a year before they  became members??   [*-)]AND if this is an old post why are people bothering to reply to it????  Strange Yanto888 used his/her first post to defend LF some vested interest here from LF's small ads dept[:D]

[quote user="Ron Avery"] Much more to the point Dick, how come Johnnyboy and Yanto888 posted a year before they  became members??   [*-)]AND if this is an old post why are people bothering to reply to it????  [/quote]

I wouldn't pay much attention to old dates, they tend to be when major changes were made to the forum software rather than when members actually joined or posts were made. The recent change has gone much more smoothly in this respect.

The reason why this topic became 'active' again was that somebody obviously found it in the archive, and posted in it. Then, he/she deleted that post (according to the admin log) and posted the same thing elsewhere.

[quote user="Ron Avery"] Much more to the point Dick, how come Johnnyboy and Yanto888 posted a year before they  became members??   [*-)]AND if this is an old post why are people bothering to reply to it????  [/quote]

I wouldn't pay much attention to old dates, they tend to be when major changes were made to the forum software rather than when members actually joined or posts were made. The recent change has gone much more smoothly in this respect.

The reason why this topic became 'active' again was that somebody obviously found it in the archive, and posted in it. Then, he/she deleted that post (according to the admin log) and posted the same thing elsewhere.