moderators

Tourangelle

I was wondering whether it would affect people, the mods being 'invisible' or not.

I don't think this particular guy would have behaved any differently if he has known Gay was a mod.

Credit to Gay for her restraint in the face of such rude insulting behaviour.

[quote user="Tresco"]

I was wondering whether it would affect people, the mods being 'invisible' or not.

I don't think this particular guy would have behaved any differently if he has known Gay was a mod.

Credit to Gay for her restraint in the face of such rude insulting behaviour.

[/quote]

I, for one, truly appreciated Gay's response.  I came close to tears this morning after seeing his post and was about to leave for good until the rest of you stepped in.  I did actually wonder if  I'd unwittingly broken some rule by posting on his thread.   And, of course, committing the hideous sin of having been born in the U.S....

PG

[quote user="Inca"]PGirl Don't be put off by such a responce.  I suspect, many of us

would be more proactive on this great site were it not for such

(occassional) unnecassary attacks.

Mike    

[/quote]

I've never belonged to a social organization, nor an online list, where there haven't been a few people who just seem to enjoy making everyone else miserable.  I suppose it's compensation for some other lack of something in their sad little lives...

PG

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Don't take any notice Possumgirl, leave him with his thread and himself.  Did you read his first line of his blog (after the "About Me")?

[/quote]

I must admit that I was afraid to go and read his blog, Christine.  I didn't want the top of my head to explode!!

PG

[quote user="Dicksmith"]This seems to be someone who just joined to cause problems, as I posted elsewhere either a troll or a sock puppet - a false identity used by someone already registered. Either way, ignore them, or dish it back (preferably amusingly!). Don't let it put you off.[/quote]

We used to have one of these on the Border Collie list I moderate.  He would keep joining, then re-joining under false names after we would ban him.  We always knew it was him though, because for some reason he always used a Scandinavian anonymous server, so, it was what we in the FBI call a clue!

PG

Tourangelle made a good point, the Mods have lost their 'status' labels. To avoid confusion I have added 'Moderator' to my sig, but if there is a way that the forum system can note it I'll revert to the old sig.

It really shouldn't have made any difference to the thread in question though.

[quote user="Tresco"]

PG

If anyone has a right you do. I thought yesterday you were very restained.

I've just dashed something off, but i'm now worried that the guy is actually deranged.

[/quote]

If I answer to him, it will only get ugly and I think that as upsetting as it is, I have to let this be a part of the "life's too short" category of things.  I'm lucky that I actually HAVE a life and don't have to get my jollies by slagging off faceless strangers in an online forum!

PG

If I answer to him, it will only get ugly and I think that as upsetting as it is, I have to let this be a part of the "life's too short" category of things.  I'm lucky that I actually HAVE a life and don't have to get my jollies by slagging off faceless strangers in an online forum!

I  understand PG.

I replied but it was pointless of course, because Mr F is unwilling to countenance the possibility that he may have erred in his first outing here, let alone this latest thread.