Free LF Mags

Chris Head

[quote user="Chris Head"]I think once a poster on the forum reaches a certain level and consistency of posting, they should receive (that looks right) a free LF mag subscription in recognition![/quote]

By "a certain level of consistency" do you mean like double cream, i.e. thick?  I should have one by now, then. 

I was thinking that those blobs that we've got (whatever they mean) could be a good starting point, and perhaps minimum qualification should be 1500 posts.

Imagine the number of mags that are unsold that get burned, yet the backbone of Archant...US!...get passed over[:(].

P.S, I confess to never having bought or read a copy!

chris

is there some sort of kudos attached to never having bought or read a copy of lf?  if so, then i must shamefacedly admit to being quite an avid reader and subscriber.  it started by my husband buying me the odd copy when we were househunting so that i could get clued up on the different regions.  then i fell for the offer of subscribing for 3 months for next to nothing.  then i got to looking forward to it arriving through the letterbox every month.  then, i don't know, it's a bit of wanting to look at all the adverts for removal companies and financial services and i suspect there's a bit of inertia insofar as it takes effort to unsubscribe and i still belong to the old school of fuddy-duddies who would feel obliged to write a letter at the same time as cancelling the direct debit explaining that whilst i have enjoyed the magazine......etc

pathetic or what?

[quote user="Chris Head"]

I was thinking that those blobs that we've got (whatever they mean) could be a good starting point, and perhaps minimum qualification should be 1500 posts.

[/quote]

I like that Chris, it made me laugh, let's see how many posts have you got,............................oh yes 1662..................[:D][:D]

I'm really not being critical, it just made me laugh. James, give Chris a magazine quick.....[:D][:D]

What's really funny, Chris, is that not long ago in "another place" I seem to remember you having a right go at a poster for their sad life as a forum internet nurd, more or less your words, still we all change from time to time.[:D]

Do you remember that post, Chris?

Chris

Obviously, the "consistency" you refer to is just the turning up, Chris, and absolutely nothing to do with relevance, quality or any other vaguely useful criteria? ( I speak rather smugly as one who has racked up my huge number of posts over more than 3 years and can afford to buy a magazine if I want something to read[:D])

Oh great, the Fairy Wood Cutter bashers are coming out now! You still peed at me Betty? I lose track though, what did I do this time? Big kiss to ya...X . Chrispy, did I call you a nerd? Nah, I don't believe it, are you nerdy? Why you're the number one coolest dude in all of furumland ever[:D]

Gotta go sleep, life beckons at a mighty early hour.

Yes work PP, I work 7 day weeks in one form or another.

The thread has digressed so why not a little more!

Last night was that awful moment when one realises Christmas is just a few days away, I'll bet the percentage of you out there that aren't ready yet is quite high? Last year wasn't the best of festive seasons because I selfishly worked too much and it all fell on Sarahs shoulders, adversely affecting her enjoyment of the festive season, which she loves. She works every bit as hard as I do during the year and if anything, has more right than me to relax. This year I won't be making the same mistake. I'm doing all the shopping and cooking and as much cleaning as I can stomach. I haven't quite met my work targets yet so need to put some hours in.

A message to all you blokes who have good women behind them, lay down the tools early, give them, as well as yourselves a break this Christmas.

[quote user="chris pp"]

What's really funny, Chris, is that not long ago in "another place" I seem to remember you having a right go at a poster for their sad life as a forum internet nurd, more or less your words, still we all change from time to time.[:D]

Do you remember that post, Chris?

Chris

[/quote]

[Www]

Gary/Bugbear

You say that you are not yet old enough for a BMW then in brackets 86.... Dya mean that you have to be over 86 [:D] for owning a BMW?... In that case I rest easy 'coz my OH has been bugging me for a BMW Transalp for yonks... I'll tell him that he is not old enough yet as he's only 54.....[;-)]

[quote user="Missy"]

Gary/Bugbear

You say that you are not yet old enough for a BMW then in brackets 86.... Dya mean that you have to be over 86 [:D] for owning a BMW?... In that case I rest easy 'coz my OH has been bugging me for a BMW Transalp for yonks... I'll tell him that he is not old enough yet as he's only 54.....[;-)]

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D] No, Missy, I'm not 86, that's where I live. The bit about the BMW is based on a well-known joke in the biking world that they are a bike for old incontinent men, who have a pipe and wear slippers.

I must add, before I get slaughtered, that it's only said jokingly and BMW do produce a fine range of bikes.

Tell him to get a Triumph and 'fly the flag' a bit.

www.triumph.co.uk