Replying to a PM

Benjamin

I've just tried replying to a PM that's been sent to me and when I click on the link at the bottom of the message to reply I get the following message.

Post Not Found

The

post you requested cannot be found or no longer exists. The administrator or

moderator may have deleted the post.

Can anyone shed any light?

The sender may have deleted the message after sending it, so you still got the notification and content, but the original PM no longer exists.

I just tested this using the notification of an old, now deleted pm, and got the same response as you.

Alternatively, it could be someone on a suspension whose account is locked.

To reply to a PM (assuming you are actually doing this in the forum itself, and not from your email client) you need to click on the reply button at the top right hand side of the PM Benjamin.

I guess you're trying to reply by hitting the PM button at the bottom of the post.  I've never tried this, but I'm kind of unsurprised that it doesn't work.  I suspect it should really be disabled in PMs.

Hope this helps

[quote user="Benjamin"]I've just tried replying to a PM that's been sent to me and when I click on the link at the bottom of the message to reply I get the following message.

[/quote]

By this (in bold) I understood Benj to be clicking on the one and only link provided in the e-mail notification.

Thanks for the link Cat. I couldn't find an old posting from barrym myself.

The problem is as Tressy has highlighted where I am getting the message when I click on the link at the bottom of the email I received from France Forum.