Complete France Forum

Got my Carte de Sejour today !!!!

Naahh only joking.

I don't get all the fus about getting a CDS.

You don't need one !!!

When/if the UK decides to quit the EU the CDS will be redundant. Why don't people get that !!!

What am I missing here. Why queue up and go through the hassle of getting a card that is 1) today pointless and and of no use whatsoever, and... 2) will be useless when the UK quits the EU.

I don't get.

Let's try this.

It has been stated that upon Brexit a CdS eu citizen will be simply exchanged for a new document.

A CdS for a non EU citizen requires a payment of €269

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F11201

So if current cards really are exchanged simply (ie without charge) the you save €269 per person.

Don't worry, folk.  When he's had to change a few more baby's nappies, he won't have the energy to come here and wind people up![:D]

Bon courage, ALBF!  It's only going to be for a couple of years; I promise they do eventually learn to use a potty, after you have patiently done the proper training[:D]

I have never understood anyone not getting one as soon as they could.

I know people haven't needed them for quite a long time, but it was always handy, always, and I often needed to use it. If we had stayed, I would have always renewed mine, and if the prefecture had said no, we no longer needed them, would have 'insisted' never the less.

Archived