Fuel Shortage?

tom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="WendyG"]

Hi

May be a stupid suggestion, but why not travel back from Caen to Portsmouth, at least you can then guarantee getting back for work.

Good luck

WendyG

[/quote]

That was the plan of last resort - believe me you do not want to know just how bad a sailor I am!

Luckily though was surprised to be able to fill up with 98 at leClerc in Bayeux this morning - there wasn't even the usual queue. So unless any blockades on the road (not on a Sunday I'm guessing) it's back to plan A.

Not going to tell my boss yet though - let her think I really struggled!

I'm putting this here as well as the other thread I had it on; I read somebody saying they hadn't looked at some of the posts.

This link might be of help; choose your departement from the drop-down. It's only updated every 6 hours, but might give an indication:

http://www.carbu.fr/iframe_stationsvides_v2.html?dep=30

There's also this link, through which a friend was able to point her husband to petrol

http://forum.automoto.fr/trouver-de-lessence/

It was a bit old for our area, but you might be lucky. This site relies on people adding their questions/answers about supplies.

what no more updates for the last 2 days!!!!

I'm off from Calais on Tues going down to the Spanish border, motorway all the way except bypassing Paris using the 154 then back onto the motorway pass Clermont Fd

fingers crossed I hope we have no problems,   students are out on tues and the unions out on thurs, by fri we hope to be at the border

I have a long range fuel tank so hopefully we'll make the border without having to fill in FranceCool [8-|]

not sure if the A28 is any quicker especially having to go to Le Mans and the dreaded Tours, we always get on the N154 south of Rouen down to the A10/A71 north of Orleans from then on down to Clearmont Fd then down to Narbonne................. I know the N 154 is a smaller road but having in the past using the A28 we find it a lot better and a lot more direct, (less klms) hoping all goes well next week

[quote user="ViVienne"]please let us know if there is petrol at the motorway services, we are going on 4th November, I am starting to get a bit worried[/quote]

If it's petrol you want, then you should be OK. Our area is supposedly short of fuel, but most of the vehicles are diesel so the gazole has reportedly run out long before the essence.

You may have to pay extra - I have seen reports of limited quantities of gazole being sold at prices from 1.75€ per litre up to more than 4€ per litre. So your autoroute fuel stops will probably look like a bargain.

yes I agree with you but when we went that way a few years past we were not using the A28 and we always got lost in tours, having gone through Rouen a few times now it's ok, (especially using the satnav) the only holdup is on the other side of the town alongside the railway with all the lights slowing us down, once past that it's usually plain sailing all the way down to Spain

well after reading your post, paying £1.14pl for diesel in the UK doesn't seem too bad, getting that from Tescos with shopping 5p off vouchers and using a tescos credit card at the pay booth, and seeing that I will be filling up with 140 liters won't hurt so much now

[quote user="teccer1234"]yes I agree with you but when we went that way a few years past we were not using the A28 and we always got lost in tours, having gone through Rouen a few times now it's ok, (especially using the satnav) the only holdup is on the other side of the town alongside the railway with all the lights slowing us down, once past that it's usually plain sailing all the way down to Spain
[/quote]

Hmm, with your sat nav it should be plain sailing, you get off the A28 to the A10 and the route goes straight over the top passed St Pierre de corps and on towards the south, no need to go through the town.

I avoid the zone industrial in Rouen too, don't take the right spiralling down to zone industrial, carry straight on to the Boulevard de l'Europe and on to Voie Rapid and the A13.

No need when it's quiet and without fuel it should be [:)]

Not sure about straight on when exiting the Rouen tunnel,lots of lights on that stretch.

Also when we travelled back here on thursday,there was a huge queue on that part of the road. We think caused by some sort of blockade,did manage to turn at one of the lights and head back to get onto the airport road, then turn immediate right onto the road down to Pont De L'arche. Sailed along after that!

Lots of queues at the service stations around Rouen too.

One place that we filled up at, was the 24 hour station near Nonancourt. Although they did have a €30 limit. Not much in way of queues there though at least.:)

Not too bad here in Limousin at the moment for supplies. Any station on autoroutes seemed to have queues, if they had fuel and those that didn't had zeros on fuel signs we think.

Hope this is of use to those travelling at the moment or near future.

Best regards,

Johnnyboy

I heard from someone today who crossed from England to Calais yesterday evening. There was plenty of petrol available on motorways to Paris, with only small queues when there were any.

As a footnote, nothing was seen by them in Paris yesterday evening of demonstrations, rubbish etc - all was normal in the streets when they walked out for supper.

I heard from someone today who crossed from England to Calais yesterday evening. There was plenty of petrol available on motorways to Paris, with only small queues when there were any.

As a footnote, nothing was seen by them in Paris yesterday evening of demonstrations, rubbish etc - all was normal in the streets when they walked out for supper.

I've read that there's plenty of petrol in france but a big shortage of diesel,      I run on diesel !!

Anything posted now is just a snapshot of the current moment in time. I don't think anyone can be sure of the situation in a day or so's time.

FWIW I travelled up from near Cahors to Calais last Wednesday evening/night. We started with a full tank of diesel and were able to top up near Chateauroux which gave us the security of being able to reach Calais with ease. However, when passing several stations north of Chateauroux the diesel pricing was blanked out the pricing boards in advance of them. Whether that means they were out of diesel or not I don't know.

The trip I referred to earlier was done in a car running on diesel; so there was plenty at that time. Queues were as normal or shorter than usual, was the comment by email last night.

Any information about supplies might be immediately out of date, of course; as you leave the pumps after filling up they might run dry.

There's general info here:

http://www.france24.com/fr/20101023-penuries-blocages-rendez-vous-vacances-toussaint-raffineries-retraites-reforme-greves-

which also has an English button if needed.

Friends say that this site is pretty accurate for our area; use the drop down for the departement you need:

http://www.carbu.fr/iframe_stationsvides_v2.html?dep=30

[quote user="DerekJ"] However, when passing several stations north of Chateauroux the diesel pricing was blanked out the pricing boards in advance of them. Whether that means they were out of diesel or not I don't know.
[/quote]

Probably a case of 'if you have to ask the price you cannot afford it'