Complete France Forum

La Poste, or lack of it!

Jonzjob

We have been having problems with La Poste just reciently in that things are taking HUGE amounts of time to arrive! Letters from the U.K. and Germany are taking anything up to 2 weeks to arrive. They used to take just a few days up to last month. Last week we had no post at all and the same for at least one of our friends.

We have always said just how good La Poste are up to now?

Anyone got any ideas please?

Had nothing but Le Pub from them for weeks, I must be overdue a facture for  electricity as I paid the bill onthe final,final reminder a couple of weeks ago as late as I usually do, usually by the time I have paid the next bill arrives.

I cant really say whatever else I might have recieved but usually I get several direct marketing mails a week, when I said Le Pub I meant the free local paper and supermarket promos that the factrice delivers every week not stamped mail.

Received a coli this morning from northern France which was despatched on weds, so the normal couple of days. A cheque that I sent off on Saturday was cashed on Weds, so no problems there either.

Perhaps problems at the UK end?  Having said that, the dreaded Mothers Day cards turned up here last weekend within a couple of days (usual brinkmanship by sons!!) 

Well, yesterday we had three  letters.  2 French, one from the UK.  One French letter took a week, the other 3 days, but the UK arrived 2 days after it was posted.  That is our experience of UK letters - usually 2 days either way.  So, my guess, the French post can be somewhat dependent on who is "on" - ie if it is stand-in, we don't always have any post .....