Complete France Forum

Darts

Hoddy

I'm not asking for help I just want to vent. I have been to the nearest town of any size this afternoon to try to buy some darts for our old dartboard. I went into the only shop which sells that kind of thing. There was a whole cabinet of darts. The very polite young man opened the cabinet and discovered that there were no darts for an ordinary dartboard.

What made it truly unbelievable was that they had old-fashioned dartboards like mine for sale. I asked him about it and got the usual shrug and, "That's how it is". I hope their old-fashioned dartboards spontaneously combust.

We bought 2 dartboards and 4 sets of darts a few weeks ago at Decathlon in UK - they were very much cheaper than in France. We popped them into our car when we set off down driving there for use at a village get-together with French and English players.

Sadly, darts has also succumbed to the overly caution elf n safety brigade, with silly honeycomb dartboards and plastic darts nowadays.

I got a proper board from Intersport locally, but the darts were surprisingly expensive, and even dearer in Decathlon, whos range in store was pitiful.

By chance, I happened upon a few sets of darts in my local NOZ....they sell odds n ends, old stock etc and rarely have the same stuff two weeks in a row.

Only 2 euros per set for proper metal darts, which was nice

Yes, we noticed plastic darts and honeycomb boards seemed widespread, but those we bought at Decathlon in UK were the real thing, and cost much less than what Decathlon in France were charging.

Cheaper than Amazon too, although we wouldn't have wanted to buy without seeing them as there seemed such wide differences in type and quality as well as price.

Those we bought stood up really well to use by large numbers of people.