Excellent service from Cotton Traders

minnie

Yesterday morning at about 11am I ordered an item of clothing from Cotton Traders and paid for by paypal.

To my great surprise a few moments ago there was a courier at the door to deliver said item - some 26 hours after ordering. No phone calls requesting directions - just a tap on the door. Out of interest I looked up tracking details - 14 Delivered - Signed for by 12:58

1 Pieces

13 With delivery courier TOULOUSE - FRANCE 11:03

1 Pieces

12 Arrived at Delivery Facility in TOULOUSE - FRANCE TOULOUSE - FRANCE 10:45

1 Pieces

11 Departed Facility in TOULOUSE - FRANCE TOULOUSE - FRANCE 09:41

1 Pieces

10 Processed at TOULOUSE - FRANCE TOULOUSE - FRANCE 08:44

1 Pieces

9 Arrived at Sort Facility TOULOUSE - FRANCE TOULOUSE - FRANCE 07:50

1 Pieces

8 Departed Facility in LYON - FRANCE LYON - FRANCE 06:47

1 Pieces

7 Transferred through LYON - FRANCE LYON - FRANCE 06:45

1 Pieces

6 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 03:58

1 Pieces

5 Transferred through LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 03:56

1 Pieces

Monday, August 03, 2015 Location Time Pieces

4 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 23:54

1 Pieces

3 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 21:14

1 Pieces

2 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 19:46

1 Pieces

1 Shipment picked up EAST MIDLANDS - UK 16:21

1 Pieces

Hide Details

Hi Minnie. You probably don't remember but in my question about courier deliveries to le Bourg, I said that 6 out of 8 packages failed to deliver. One of the two that did deliver was Cotton Traders. I expected a delivery to France to take about a week but it took less than 48 hours. Really surprised and pleased me. And the clothes were in the sale AND THEY FIT! [:D]

I've found that DHL often come just after lunch - it is lucky that we eat late and are still around ...

The best service I have had is stuff sent via La Poste ... from UK is using Royal Mail ...  recently 2 things from Amazon - only one needed me to be there because it was too big for the mailbox, and the other also via the post, just put into the mailbox... now that's what I prefer ... and seems to work best too!

WB, you're spot on. It was DHL. They arrived at about 1pm. It was great because the whole process was so painless....I hadn't even looked at the tracking as I'd only ordered the day before. Got to give credit where it's due.

I made some Kitchen cupboards to match the existing ones, and was having problems sourcing the fittings and door furniture as they are very old fashioned. Eventually I found a French site on the internet, Foussier Quincaillerie. I ordered the bits on Thursday last week, and they arrived this Monday when I checked the parcel one piece was missing, phoned the company who said "very sorry, the missing part will be with you tomorrow". I thought oh yes and pigs may fly? Well I'm totally amazed and delighted to say the missing item showed up today. So only fair to say, well done Foussier and TNT the courier,  the total order was only for 20 Euro, and the missing piece was priced at 2 Euro. The Company is in Clerment Ferrand and we are near Vendome so not a next door delivery. If only all service in France and the UK was as good. [B][B]