Rue du Commerce

mint

Thanks, Sue.  Very interesting.  Strangely enough, when I decided to wait a day or two before ordering, they have given me a personal code for 10 euros off the tv.

When I get back later this evening, I will have another look through the comments but might well get back to Darty or Amazon.

Someone said they didn't get the model as illustrated and there IS a cheaper, older model of the particular tv I want so I really don't want to be palmed off with something outmoded when I am paying for a higher specs.

Might go back to Leclerc but the chap at that rayon is especially useless and charmless......hey, ho....no wonder I am getting more distrustful and paranoic!

[quote user="mint"]

Might go back to Leclerc but the chap at that rayon is especially useless and charmless......hey, ho....no wonder I am getting more distrustful and paranoic!

[/quote]

Not at all [:)] you are just becoming more French.

Sue

LOL, Sue, your comment made me laugh!  Still, on the plus side, you could say that being distrustful and paranoic is nothing more than a survival instinct?  And hell's bells, we live in a very dangerous world after all[:-))]

Lehaut, thank you for your comment and, yes, that might just balance it out for me.  Their price is better than the next best by about 40 euros and I will pay for delivery by colissimo so that the parcel will be properly trackable.

Thanks for your further input.  Halfblind, I took your advice and googled.

I did buy my present computer from CDiscount and that was OK.

However, I am now no longer interested in saving a few bob, just not worth the potential hassle.  So, Amazon it is then!

BTW, halfblind, I learnt a new word today as I was googling the internet companies you mention and I am putting that on the "useful expressions" thread as it's such a misleading word but wonderfully useful to know![:D]