Complete France Forum

Posting a 10 kilo parcel within France

nick16

I am currently in England, but I am going to France in a week. I have to send a parcel to a friend in France[not near where I'm going] and was wondering how much it would cost. It weighs about 10 kilos. Postage from England is really expensive and not worth it.

If someone is going to their local 'La Poste', I would be very grateful if they could enquire how much it would be.

[quote user="nick16"]I am currently in England, but I am going to France in a week. I have to send a parcel to a friend in France[not near where I'm going] and was wondering how much it would cost. It weighs about 10 kilos. Postage from England is really expensive and not worth it.[/quote]

Before you write off sending it from the UK, have a look at sites such as Parcel2ship.co.uk or Parcel2go.com. They can usually do 10 Kgs to France for around 17-18 quid and up to 30 Kgs for 23-24 quid - and they collect from your address. They generally use DHL or ParcelForce. I have used Parcel2ship in the past - the service was fast and efficient. Just make sure that you download/print off/attach their barcodes to your box.

I have no connection with either company other than as a satisfied customer. I have suggested them to friends as an alternative to checking-in baggage with Ryanair ...

Regards

Pickles

• 9 years later...
Have recently sent a couple of parcels here in France via Mondial Relay - drop the item off at a collection point and there are a great many of them and it is delivered to a collection point near to the recipient - and the cost was very reasonable. The booking and payment done on line.