Complete France Forum

new spec saver type shop

hi ok

There is a new shop opened up in Hyper-U in Parthenay ... Franchise Generale D`optique .. le dragon has just had  1 pair of not the cheapest in the shop specs, vari focal and with reactolight lenses  for € 413    with an extra pair of vari focal standard sun glasses for €  1 ..... one euro ...........not UK prices   but  !!!! getting there

Dave 

[quote user="pachapapa"]That there one in Hyper U concourse opened in february this year.[/quote]

hi OK

If you knew this shop was open in Feb ! then why did you not post it ??  Better than your normal post of useless unreadable information you normally post

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi we have used Specs by Post in UK for the last few years there service is excellent and they despatch to France.

We went to Spec Savers for eye tests which cost £10.50 each as they advised us that there was a £10 off coupon on the back of the parking tickets dispensed in a certain carpark. I bought two minimum stays for £1 and didn't even park.

Specs by Post know my measurements, they were making the first pair of glasses for my wife so she sent her last years specs.

I got a pair of varifocals with high index lenses with anti scratch coating my wife got a pair of varifocals which automatically darken in bright conditions, total cost £350 including postage.

The service is friendly and I recommend them as a happy customer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dave wrote -

There is a new shop opened up in Hyper-U in Parthenay ... Franchise Generale D`optique .. le dragon has just had  1 pair of not the cheapest in the shop specs, vari focal and with reactolight lenses  for € 413    with an extra pair of vari focal standard sun glasses for €  1 ..... one euro ...........not UK prices   but  !!!! getting there

General d'Optique is part of the same group as Vision Express UK.  They are all over France - I bought specs from them this year, very good price and service.

http://www.visionexpress.com/more-at-ve/about-us/

Bernice

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your original posting.I have today collected my new progressifs and sun glasses from Generale d'optique at Rochefort. 7 days from start to finish.Very professional and more importantly I can see so well. I have had progressifs and bi-focals, but always had to use a very old pair of specs to see the computer. With anti glare etc I had to pay 108€ on top of the mutual. I had not realised until I checked up following your posting, they have been there 5 years!

Archived