Why do you stay in France?

Rose

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="RumziGal"]

[quote user="Logan"]Who was it who said 'boredom is the symptom of a lazy mind'?[/quote]

Someone very smug!  [:)]

[/quote]

It has also been written 'that boredom is an admission of defeat'. I think it was Oscar Wilde.

[quote user="Logan"][quote user="RumziGal"]

[quote user="Logan"]Who was it who said 'boredom is the symptom of a lazy mind'?[/quote]

Someone very smug!  [:)]

[/quote]

It has also been written 'that boredom is an admission of defeat'. I think it was Oscar Wilde.

[/quote]

I really admire the idea of using tired old clichés to insult someone you don't know and don't know anything about. Very big and clever.

[quote user="Logan"]

[/quote]

You've got me on that one.  I know he said:

Moderation is a fatal thing.  

Nothing succeeds like excess. [B] [B] [B] [B] [B] [B]

Please don't be offended because I have named certain names, there may be others but these are the ones that spring to mind  and I am not having a personal attack just making observations.

It certainly seems that Rumzigal, Teamed Up and Languedoc Girl et al have a good deal of experience of life in France, but I don't think even with all their experiences that they speak for the majority of people on this forum. That they have apparently experienced life at the 'sharp end', have lived in France for an eon or can speak fluent French, doesn't make every one else's experiences less valid ( and I know that they haven't said that is the case either) 

I love reading the perspectives of all people on this forum from the "done it, seen it, bought the tee shirt" brigade to the holiday home owners to those that have yet to make the move. 

It is good to get opinions from all side but not every one will be able to identify with other peoples perspectives and I would suggest that a lot of people that contribute to the forum are generally happy with their lot in France. So they may be retired or gite owners or whatever, but they are generally happy. I would further suggest, that for whatever reason, the opinions of the aforementioned are equally as valid as anybody elses but the majority will not be able to relate to all of them, all of the time.[:)]