Small tourist supermarket. What to stock

ericd

Hi all. My brother is setting-up shop (small supermarket and bar) in Almeria (Southern Spain) and wants to store a few British goods for the tourists.

Could you help him with a list of what you think should be kept on his shelves should you be living/holidaying in the area?

I suggested newspapers to start with.

MAny many thanks.

I thought that but uncharacteristically I kept it to myself [:D]

It's the setting up which would concern me, buying a going concern would be a different matter.

Still, lets wish the OP's brother the best of luck shall we.

I have friends in Albox so I will know where to go should I get a craving for a Pot Noodle [+o(]

Obviously not. My son is a grown man at 21!

What I actually meant was that to save parents lugging darned great packs of nappies out to Spain they could buy them in the little shop close to where they're staying. Who wants to pay excess baggage on Pampers?

AnO and SD - it appears irony is a lost art on forums like this.

Oh, I forget, disposable nappies don't need ironing do they?

From the comparatively few times I have been to Spain, it would seem that anywhere where there are plenty of British tourists or residents is pretty well catered for by English sections in the supermarkets or existing 'English shops'. I think if your relation has found somewhere where this is not the case, he should seize the opportunity.

[quote user="Framboise"]Ok I give up. Remove my suggestion since its obvious that some of you only want to ridicule. By the way, how long is it since you had to lug all the necessities for a small child across europe?[/quote]

Framboise, don't take everything so personally, it's all meant very tongue in cheek. If Erics brother thinks it's a good idea I am sure he will take on board the suggestions no matter what little bit of fun we have on the forum [:)]