Complete France Forum

maison Andre Beau

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of this company.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but when you buy off plan with a company do you pay separately, and up front, for the land or is it part of the whole package?  I am assuming the whole package.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is any help and our response would also depend on which region you are in as I think they are a franchised company and obviously each agency would differ.

We approached this company at an Overseas Property Exhibition in London and agreed to meet their representative in France 2 weeks later when we would go through the procedure and have plans designed etc. (we already owned our land in Languedoc).  Can't remember the guy's name (could be Chris, he was welsh but living in France).  He was very helpful, took us around all his local current projects then gave us an outline design and cost based upon our initial sketch which was professionally done by their in-house architect. 

We went back to the UK, agreed to go ahead with the company and waited for the contract to be sent.  That was in May 2005.  Despite numerous phone calls and emails we did not hear anything further from him for another 4 months when he decided that there was not enough profit in our project.  After making further enquiries we discovered that they did not have their own builders/tradesmen and most of the builds were sub-contracted out.  It transpired that the reason he did not want to take us on was that there were no available tradesmen in the Languedoc at that time and he would not be able to fulfil his timescale of 10 months. 

It was a complete was of a trip and 4 months of potential build time so I have to say, we were very disappointed at our treatment by Andre Beau.

Archived