Complete France Forum

PENDING FUEL SHORTAGE.

My friend near St. Jean d'Angely told me yesterday that there is no petrol left in any garage in that area. Today in Ruffec, motorists were queing around the forecourt for the last of the 98 octane; 95 all gone! I now have a full tank and hopefully it will see me through.

It appears the shortage is caused by a strike by transport drivers to bring home to the government, that they must lower the tax they are charging. on motor fuel. How long will it last? Only Dieu knows!

So be warned and fill your tank, if you are lucky to find a garage that has any left!

Reading the French news on Google has informed me that the shortage of fuel is caused by the fishermen blocking the oil terminals at various ports! (La Rochelle and Sables d'Olonne) It will affect both diesel and petrol!

On another forum I am on, this is the standard response when I post something that somebody else mentioned days before - which I know I do a lot myself![:D]

Let's hope it is called off soon, but it would be nice to think that the prices might come down too - not much hope of that though, I guess.

Archived