Complete France Forum

Removals

caro

[quote user="virginia.c"]

Caro

I hope very much you have managed to find a decent company and that your move goes smoothly.  It's a few weeks since I last looked at this forum, but boy, how little changes in a few weeks!  Someone like you pops up and asks a perfectly reasonable question.  Only a nano second later you are inundated with bad tempered/trying to be clever/nothing better to do/nothing constructive or helpful to add comments.  I'm surprised you persevered - well done to you!

I'm in the middle of moving myself and am just about to make another trip with van piled high.  Please feel free to email me if you have any other "moving" related queries.

[:D]

[/quote]

I have to disagree with you here, Virginia. I really don't see any post corresponding to your description as highlighted above.

As I remember it, you yourself have been helped in very many ways in the past on this forum.  It's a little ungrateful IMHO to now slate the very forum where you were only too glad to have been able to depend on!

It's not unreasonable to ask where the OP lives.  The question makes answers more adapted to the OP's needs.

There are many on the forum who give of their experience and advice freely without so much as looking for thanks.  So, when you post in the tone that you have just done, I don't wonder that some people are offended!

[quote user="caro"]If you would only read my message properly, you would see that most removals companies will deal with people throughout the UK. Therefore it's not necessary to say where I live. OK? If you can't offer me constructive advice, like many other people have, why are you bothering to send messages to this thread???[/quote]

Not wishing to add fuel to the fire at all but I have to agree with a few others... some companies don't travel throughout the UK.  We used an excellent company when we moved and I pm'd you with their details... not sure if you received it... but they are based in Devon and they stay within the south west.  Of course there are some big nationals that will travel throughout the UK but its possible that you'll miss a really great local company if you dont try them all?

I'm sure Guardian doesn't want to know where you live but maybe a County would be helpful? [:$] [:)]

[quote user="caro"]

People are trying to help you here! At the very least be polite!

There are terrible companies about! AND YES they do smash up furniture and worse! They will demand more money before they release your effects than you have paid for them to deliver it! If you think they are all professional, you have a lot to learn!

AND the moderators on here are very good and have a job to do! Please do not critise them!

I really don't know what you're referring to. I have been polite, and I said nothing critical about the moderators. I was simply responding to what someone else said. Perhaps you've misunderstood.

[/quote]It was guardian who made the comments not you Caro sorry

Archived