Complete France Forum

French Bank Account

David

I intend to move to France, not necessarily immediately but definitely in the next 18 months. Have got to sort out a few things first.

If I find somewhere to purchase it will be more difficult using an English Cheque etc. for deposits and so forth.

Can I obtain a French bank Account without a lot of hassle and no French address to use? I have got details of Britline but they want Boarding Cards used for travel ( I do everything on the net so all I have is a paper trail with a reference number), Credit card useage and the like.

David

Please forgive me David but are you saying that you think it would be difficult to use a UK sterling cheque to make a euro purchase?  Not so difficult but the UK are strangers to the Eurozone so why not a euro bank account.

There are many things said about CA Britline but opening an account is not one of them and I truly do not understand paper trails boarding cards or whatever.

You do everything on the net thus you do not have residence or domicile or indeed structure or substance?

Everyone must live somewhere even if it is on the banks of the Seine.

Opening an account is something that I have never had any problem with and with CA.

All it takes is a minimum amount of money and of course those bits of paper who tend to prove you are what you say you are.

CA now have even sterling accounts but look at the rate of interest.

rdgs

Archived