Complete France Forum

Loglement allocation.

monaco

I am new to posting and I think I have just sent someone a private message instead of putting a post in the right place - if so, many apologies.

I wonder if anyone knows the maximum income to qualify for assistance with rent?  I filled in the form on the internet and it said my income of about 19,000 euros with a rent of 9,000 euros would qualify me for about 200 euros a month, but I went into the CAF office in Cahors and they told me I did NOT qualify, but they wouldn't give me a maximum figure.  I know it depends on your family circumstances - I am 66 and live alone, and I have been resident in France for five years.

Hi Monaco

Unless every person earning SMIC (minimum wage) also gets help, which would be huge chunk of the population then I would say at 19k you will not qualify. 

Also some while back the average income per household was discussed, there is a site where you can view this online, someone may remember the post, on the site it shows many communes with per household income of around 12k, shockingly low, so your income for a single person will seem high in comparison.

I'm no expert, someone will now the answer I'm sure.

Panda

EDIT

Your rent is also very high, around these parts you would get a mansion for 750 a month.......perhaps your signin is your home town, in which case I would guess 750 won't go far?? 

This is the site. http://www.linternaute.com/ville/ Put inthe name of your commune and you will get the statistics.

The OP's income is over twice the average household income in our commune, and I don't think we are in what you would call a poor area. So with all due respects I'm not surprised the CAF did not want to know. A fairly average 2-3 bed pavilion seems to rent for 600-700€ per month in our area.

Have to agree with Panda & Will, as €19000 per annum income is significantly higher than the average of my commune and even after deducting the amount specified for rent it still higher than the average income here. I am astounded that there is even a perception that CAF should help.

Archived