Complete France Forum

Currency exchange

bagpuss

We are completing a house purchase in Brittany in September and are trying to find a good Currency Exchange broker, we have been told of a firm called Currency Solutions in Elthem, Middlesex. Does anyone have any experience of this firm?

Sorry, don't know them, but 4X were very good for us recently; v. good rate of exchange. Also, it was being paid to the Tresororie account for our Notaire, and didn't appear in their accounr when it should have done; people from 4X then tracked it for us, to prove it should be there. We were due to go to sign final contract, and weren't keen to set off without knowing for sure! 

Jo

Hi, having just bought a lot of euros myself for a house purchase Im happy to share with you what little I learnt. Personally I ended using HIFX and found them to be really helpful. Id been talking to the traders at Moneycorp for some time and although there advice was generally sound they just werent as good at keeping me informed as HIFX. Anyway you should let whoever you are dealing with know that you are also talking to other companies and you will find that they will be willing to try and beat a rate offered to you elsewhere. You should also consider First Direct Bank as their rates generally outstripped the two brokers above. Ok you have to pay a fee of about £20 and you need a bank account with them but neither HIFX or Moneycorp could match the rate I was offered by First Direct

[quote user="cruddler"]

You should also consider First Direct Bank as their rates generally outstripped the two brokers above. Ok you have to pay a fee of about £20 and you need a bank account with them but neither HIFX or Moneycorp could match the rate I was offered by First Direct [/quote]

When transferring large amounts of money IMHO it is the rate you get which is most important. Plus First Direct transfers are astonishingly swift, I know as I have used them for personal money transfers.

Sue

Archived