Complete France Forum

Credit Foncier....!

Danglar

Hello. Has any of you a mortgage with them ?

I was surprised to read , quite accidentally on the internet , about the campaign being waged in France against this Credit institution for  lying and cheating their borrowers in their mortgage contracts !

I was advise to borrow from CF  by a rather known UK broker  seven years ago. I wonder if I have grounds for recourse against them ?

Unlikely unless you, like all the people bleating on enquête exclusive, did not realise that a variable rate mortgage may actually go up and consider 5.5% interest to be the end of the world.

During the whole term of my UK mortgage I never paid a rate anywhere as low as what they are up in arms about, lets hope that they never see a rise to 15% like I endured.

oh. yes. i remember that 15% malarky.

every month it seemed we would get a letter from the mortgage people to say that our payments had been increased.

when we tried to change mortgage lender we were told that there was something like a 3 month mortgage payment plus fee to be freed from our shackles!!

oh, you luck young ones!!!

English speaking yes but not based England.

French mortgages are not regulated in UK .

Anyone can sell them and often the worst ones are the ones  that are marketed. They bring in the  higher commission, you see !...

From your previous post:

"did not realise that a variable rate mortgage may actually go up"

Normally it  increases along with rising interest rates, as they have fallen dramatically one would expect repayments to fall as well. The point with CF is that they have risen and a number of people are a bit pisst off. Just more fat cats getting fatter !

http://www.collectif-action.org/

Archived