Complete France Forum

Tax forms - 2 copies?

Danny

We received our tax forms recently (pre-remplié) but just one copy of each. Am I right in thinking that previously we were sent 2 copies of everything? One to keep and one to send?

Did I miss something? I suppose I can download an extra copy for myself or do the declaration on line if I must ( I don't trust computer systems generally for anything secure!)

Danny

Same here; just one copy this year. There is a note about this in with the form, and a check sheet to record the sums that you enter on the form.

You could photocopy it before you send it.

quote from connexion

"Cutting out the duplicate copy of the form is said to be an environmental measure – to save paper.

In past years the second copy was designed for the taxpayer to fill in and keep, so they had a copy of what they had declared. This is because for up to three years the tax office can check up on declarations and ask for balancing payments and having a copy of the data you provided can be important. "

No forms so far.  But, I have promised myself I will get all the figures sorted this weekend so that they are ready just to pop on to the form whenever it arrives.

Too eager?  Perhaps, but the truth is that I just can't bear all the hassle...........

Archived