Complete France Forum

Tax credit for heating device

JohnRoss

I know this topic has been done to death but I am still confused so could some kind soul enlighten me please. We had a Supra wood burner installed last year. Now I understand from the supplier that I can claim a tax credit for this. From what I have read I deduce that I enter the cost of the materials on the last page of form 2042. It has been suggested that this should be entered in box WF marked "Equipments utilisant une source dénergie renouvable". Can anyone confirm that this is correct please.

On the bill items are marked Fournitures et main d'oeuvre  or  Fournitures  or  Forfait main d'oeuvre. The only items marked Fourniture only are Fourniture poêle seul and another one for fittings linking to the liner. Are these only items I can claim for?

All the other items seem to be for minor concreting work and fitting things like an air entry grill, a wotsit on top of the chimmney to keep the rain out and various fixation devices. All these are described by Fournitures et main d'oeuvre and are not broken down into materials and labour. For example the liner and fitting are shown as 544 Euros and no indication of how much is the cost of the liner and how much is the labour charge. Also the figures for each item do not include TVA so do you claim for the equipment cost without including the 5.5% TVA or with it?  I am making the declaration on-line so I guess unless they ask for it I cannot send a copy of the bill etc on-line. Any help gratefully received............JR 

[quote user="JohnRoss"]... on the last page of form 2042. It has been suggested that this should be entered in box WF marked "Equipments utilisant une source dénergie renouvable". Can anyone confirm that this is correct please.[/quote]

See here:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1355395/ShowPost.aspx

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1244531/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks Clair and from the two threads I conclude the following and bearing in mind that I am doing this on-line so they will not see the invoice unless they ask for it:

1/ Use box WF for the amount paid for the stove.

2/ Enter only the figure for the cost of the stove plus TVA. Do not include the cost of labour or of any of the components like tubes between the stove and the liner, draw valve, not part of the stove, and the liner itself.

Do I have this right now? Thanks again............................JR 

PS As 50% of the cost of the stove is more than I would probably pay in tax does this mean I will not pay any tax this year and might get some money from them including tax I have already paid in advance?

Clair

if it was installed in 2008, it goes on the 2008 tax return due before the end of this month and it's still 50% isn't it: I thought the reduction to 40% is for installations in 2009?

But here's a slightly different question - the notes make it clear that if the installation is done and paid for in 2008 on a house that isn't completed until 2009, the claim can't be made for 2008: it's due for the year of completion only (I found this on form 2041 GR at page 13). Do you know whether the claim is made on the 2008 declaration but the credit is deferred to 2009, or does it get claimed the following year?

I know it sounds like a no-brainer (i.e just put it on the 2009 return), but the form seems quite strict about only letting you claim for bills paid in 2008. The notes section for the tax return itself - on page 13 - dealing with WF, WG etc says "Remarque: seules les depenses payees en 2008 pour un logement situe en France ouvrent droit au credit d'impot".

I don't quite see how one claims the deferred credit if those are the rules.

Archived