Complete France Forum

Tax Again !!

bubble

I really thought I had everything in order for this year's form ( kept a gridded sheet filling in each month so totals all at hand ! )and just had to fill in the boxes and off we go ! Wrong !! This is the first year we will have had to declare State, Naval and Civil service pensions.

One questions I hope someone can answer

1.Navy and Civil Service Pension - on 2047 part VII In Which box does the amount received go . I have put in 5 but am now doubting my reading of the French

I know the guide given at beginning says it is obvious which one but the more I read the less obvious it gets !!!

Thank in advance from one unhappy girl :-(

[quote user="bubble"]

I really thought I had everything in order for this year's form ( kept a gridded sheet filling in each month so totals all at hand ! )and just had to fill in the boxes and off we go ! Wrong !! This is the first year we will have had to declare State, Naval and Civil service pensions.

One questions I hope someone can answer

1.Navy and Civil Service Pension - on 2047 part VII In Which box does the amount received go . I have put in 5 but am now doubting my reading of the French

I know the guide given at beginning says it is obvious which one but the more I read the less obvious it gets !!!

Thank in advance from one unhappy girl :-(

[/quote]

Hi,

For UK taxable pensions you put the gross (in €) inVII col 4 , the UK tax paid in col. 5, mention that it is "impot sur le revenu" ,and any other expenses taken off the gross in col.6(this would include subsciptions to a staff association or similar).

In col 1 you put who receives the pension, and in col. 2 the country of origin, and col. 3 the nature of the income, ie." pension fonctionnaire", and" pension Marine National".

You then total the UK tax and any other expenses and subtract from the gross to put the net figure  in the bottom box. then transfer this net figure to form 2042 page 4 box TI.   

Many thanks one happy girl now :-) Will finish tomorrow and hurrah no more for another year. Has been easier last 4 years but now other pensions have kicked in no copying last years !! But am I complaining as pound has dropped. No ! Change of tax form info is small price to pay for welcome extra income. Many many thanks again

Archived