Complete France Forum

UK Earnings

steveH

Hi

I have browsed the forun for answers to my problem, but can't seem to find anything that matches.

I was wondering if anyone else has experience of declaring UK consultancy work on their french tax return.  My wife has been earning from work in the UK and we understand about the double taxation treaty, but at first glance can't see which section or form is appropriate.  We have UK rental and interest income which we have no problems with these, but this is the first time for this sort of income.  Also does one just deduct the tax paid in the UK or is there a space for that so that the french tax authorities can see you have already paid tax.

Many thanks in advance

[quote user="steveH"]

Hi

I have browsed the forun for answers to my problem, but can't seem to find anything that matches.

I was wondering if anyone else has experience of declaring UK consultancy work on their french tax return.  My wife has been earning from work in the UK and we understand about the double taxation treaty, but at first glance can't see which section or form is appropriate.  We have UK rental and interest income which we have no problems with these, but this is the first time for this sort of income.  Also does one just deduct the tax paid in the UK or is there a space for that so that the french tax authorities can see you have already paid tax.

Many thanks in advance

[/quote]

Hi,

Is her work done IN the UK? And does she also pay NI there?

[quote user="steveH"]

Hi Parsnips

Yes her work is done in the UK, and she will be paying both tax and NI in the UK.

[/quote]

Hi,

In that case , and provided her employer pays her from an establishment in the UK, you should declare her gross earnings at VII on 2047,col 4 ,and tax paid in UK col 5 ,any expenses, col 6.    Cols 1,2, and 3are self explanatory.  The tax and expenses should be added together and subtracted from the gross and the resulting figure transfered to form 2042 page 4 Box TI."revenus exonérés etc....."

Her earnings will NOT be taxed in france but will be taken into account to calculate the correct rate of tax for the rest of your french taxable income.

This was confirmed to a friend of mine by the tax office this week for an identical situation. 

Archived