Complete France Forum

Taxe Fonciere Prelevement payment not taken ...

nectarine

I completed and returned the form at the bottom of my taxe fonciere bill some weeks ago, instructing them to take the full payment from my bank.

The payment hasn't been taken and is now overdue. I've been to my local tax office twice and they said "oh it's probably in the system somewhere", but refused to take a cheque saying it would duplicate the payment.

I have a telephone number (0810 012034) for TF queries but this is constantly engaged, I've been trying for a week.

What now to do? I don't want to pay a penalty for late payment and I could argue that I have tried to give them a cheque and they refused, but with no reply by phone I could write but that would take more days in the system.

Any advice? Any other phone numbers that people know of ?

[quote user="nectarine"]I completed and returned the form at the bottom of my taxe fonciere bill some weeks ago, instructing them to take the full payment from my bank.

The payment hasn't been taken and is now overdue. I've been to my local tax office twice and they said "oh it's probably in the system somewhere", but refused to take a cheque saying it would duplicate the payment. [/quote]

We received a bill from URSSAF which included an inappropriate overdue payment penalty. As this was an error on their part I, like you, tried many times to phone them on their always-engaged number without achieving a positive result. In the end I sent a secure message to them via their website including an attachment showing our bill. I received a reply by return saying they were looking into the problem. Some weeks later I received a letter detailing why they were removing the overdue penalty from the bill. There was no apology for the error and I did not really expect one, as I have become inured to the French system.

Perhaps this might be avenue for you to pursue.

Sue

[quote user="nectarine"]I completed and returned the form at the bottom of my taxe fonciere bill some weeks ago, instructing them to take the full payment from my bank.

The payment hasn't been taken and is now overdue. I've been to my local tax office twice and they said "oh it's probably in the system somewhere", but refused to take a cheque saying it would duplicate the payment.

I have a telephone number (0810 012034) for TF queries but this is constantly engaged, I've been trying for a week.

What now to do? I don't want to pay a penalty for late payment and I could argue that I have tried to give them a cheque and they refused, but with no reply by phone I could write but that would take more days in the system.

Any advice? Any other phone numbers that people know of ?[/quote]

We accidentally made a double payment (online) for a TF bill the other year (we thought that the sign-up wouldn't take effect immediately): the excess payment was credited back almost immediately by the tax office, even before they had received our notification that we'd made a mistake.

Regards

Pickles

Archived