Complete France Forum

Covid is rearing its ugly head again

NormanH

Many of us "oldies" will have just received the prescription for the double flu and Covid vaccinations, but in the meantime Santé Publique France  is recommending taking precautions especially if you are vulnerable. I have just had the bad news from the UK that someone I knew quite well is very seriously ill in Hospital with it and not expected to pull through, so the alert seems justified.

https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/life/article/epidemie-de-covid-19-en-attendant-le-retour-du-vaccin-les-gestes-barrieres-a-reprendre-contre-le-virus_240127.html

Edited by NormanH

• NormanH changed the title to Covid is rearing its ugly head again

Mine is a single prescription for TWO different vaccines, saying that both can be administrated the same  day. Last year I had mine at the pharmacy, and while the flu one can be given at any time they wanted to group Covid ones together (I think this is to use all the vaccine from a batch at once), so I had to make an appointment  for the Covid one. Naturally I had the flu one as well on the same day.

I've had  my "invite" fo reht jabs too, and they are on the same form, but I too cannot see if they come in two doses or one.  But what NormanH says about their administration is what I deduced from my form.  And yes, the Covid ones are usually batched, as they need to the whole phial at one go (I foudn that out at my first jab as  Ihad the last in the phial though they thought I was not the age to be called up( was!), but decided to give me it anyway as it was lunchtime and this one would finish the bottle as it were.  It has about 6 shots in it.  So it looks as though making an appointment for Covid is the way forward and have the flu at the same ..