Complete France Forum

Proof of Income for French Bank accounts when I'm a stay-at-home mum?

KristaandDahl

Hi,

Am looking to open up my own french bank account but am unsure what use regarding the need for proof of income as I don't draw any income any longer. I have savings which I would be transfering over to my french bank account once we're living in france. I would like to be able to have a separate account to my partner's. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Maybe not butI was in the same situation when I opened my account and they wanted to know how much my monthly salary was which was to be paid into the account (Credit Lyonnaise) I tried to explain my situation and said that money in variuos amounts would be paid in at different times as and when needed to cover living expenses and material purchases. No good [:(] I had to give them a figure to write in the box (as all the boxes had to be filled out) or they would not open an account for me.

I told them €3000 per month and they were more than satisfied with it [;-)] my deposits to them equal €360 per year for my phone/internet abonnement less any remboursements from l'assurance maladie so I reckon I have paid in a third of one months salary over a 5 year period!

Bank statements from your UK account, showing that you have "income" ie in your case, savings?  Would have thought that would show what you are worth.  They will need some form of ID, a proof of address (utility bill usually) and bank account details would do for that also.

Not any figure SD, they refused to let me put zero and they also refused "between 500 and 1000 €uros" my next offer of €3000 per month was a case of "yes I am taking the pi55 but you started it" but it was accepted like the American Express "that will do nicely sir".

I said to them "you do realise that I wont be paying that or any similar amount into my account every month" they said all that mattered was it was an acceptable figure to put in the box, in hindsight I wish I had taken out a mortgage at the same time [;-)]

Archived