Complete France Forum

Macron, Melenchon, Destitution, etc

AIUI Macron has ruled out (oh so lofty,  so lofty) a Left Wing government,    Melenchon now wants to start a destitution process,   and Fabien Rousell has called for a mobilisation of the people,   which on the lips of a Communist sounds remarkably like a call for insurrection.

I have to say that the popcorn is flowing freely here in Martin963 Towers.   After all the appalling insults and attempts to undermine Britain during the Brexit process that came from Macron,   (or his little sidekick Beaune,   also now  a politically clapped out old has-been),   the snivelling little runt (Macron) is now having meted out to him the sort of treatment that I wouldn't normally wish on my worst enemy,   but which seems deliciously appropriate in his case.    He now has to get through each day knowing how much he is hated by everyone,   and not being able to control the destiny of his country or his own situation,    something that I suspect he finds extremely difficult.   And no obvious escape route for him,   trapped by his own hubris.    I liked the expression Le Monde used yesterday,   <<Tel est pris qui croyait prendre>>,   I mutter that to myself with glee now.

I doubt I will set foot in France again until he is toppled,   it's been five years now since I did so (although that's not all down to Macron) which I find extraordinary,   given that prior to 2019 I would visit France at least four times a year,   and have spent over 12 years (if you add it all up) living there (albeit not as a resident,  given that I was refused residency long before Brexit was even thought of).    Coupled with the fact that my paper driving licence is no longer valid (odd that one,  given that most French people still drive perfectly validly on a paper version),   and the soon-to-be-introduced extra border controls,   I do wonder if I will actually ever set foot in my beloved France again.   So many other countries make it so much easier to visit,   and aren't ruled by that odious little creep that - for the moment - is still President de la Republique.

Mind you,  I could properly let go and tell you all what I really think!  😃

Where do folk on here think this crisis is going to go in the next few weeks?

Edited by Martin963

Posted (edited)

Ooohh  Norman,  that's me told.  

You'd be bitter if you'd been refused residence in flagrant breach of EU law,   and when - unlike so many other Brits I can think of - we'd integrated and were much loved in our village.    Not least for fixing an awful lot of satellite problems amongst French households all around our area,   for free I hasten to add.

Edited by anotherbanana
Personal attack element of post edited! Please folks, dont throw dung.
  • Like 1

I might add Norman that a French friend - not noted for his sympathy towards foreigners of any sort - used to introduce me to French friends with the words "c'est un Anglais,  mais ce n'est pas comme les autres".

You know nothing about me so you're in no position to judge,  not that that ever stops you.

I was reacting to the content of your post, not to you personally, so I don't need (or want) to know anything of your circumstances. Your French friend seems to have had a fine line in Gallic irony, since that comment may be taken in more than one way.😂

• Sad 1