Complete France Forum

taxe d'amenagement bill (slightly random situation)

Hi all, 

I have a slightly odd situation re taxe d'amenagement, and I wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar.

I've recent received a bill for taxe d'amenagement (Aug 2024), for a house I put an offer on in 2019. Which I didn't buy, and have never owned. At the time the mortgage bank needed a planned renovation document to approve the loan for my purchase, so an architect created a renovation plan for the bank. The bank didn't like it so I never moved forward with the purchase etc and we bought another place in the area couple of years back. We've now received the bill 5 years later, for about 5k, even though I know the owners have never done any work, and certainly not relating to the plans we had drawn. We have taken some advice and were told that we can apply to have the planning revoked and then the charge is dropped. However the planning permission expired some years back so there is nothing to revoke. The Marie staff are really nice and helpful but I'm not sure what they can give me to get the tax revoked. If of course the tax office say I need something. We've contacted the tax people and explained the situation, and are waiting to hear back. They may just agree to drop it. Legally, I don't think the tax office can enforce the payment as I have zero legal connection to the property and never have, however I'd like to avoid any issues with the tax man in general, and get it resolved.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks, Greg.