Jump to content
Complete France Forum

do we put down our mortgage on forms 2042/2047 ?


Recommended Posts

We have a mortgage with Credit Agricole bank and I'm not sure if this is right but someone mentioned that we get tax relief for having a mortgage?

If so, where do we put it on the forms and do we put the total amount of mortgage or the amount we pay annually?

Thank you, sorry if this is a silly question
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have a mortgage here in France and I do get mortgage tax relief but ONLY because I bought my house after May 2007 which is the date you need to be able to confirm to claim MTR. I recently received a letter from my mortgage company detailing the interest paid in 2009. I then put these figures onto my tax form and the percentage MTR I receive  (40% for the 1st year, 20% for the following 4 years) is worked out by the Impots and sent by cheque usually in August. Hope this helps,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to add to what Tuppence has explained.

On your form 2042, go to the last point under section 7 - Intérêts des emprunts contractés pour l’acquisition ou la construction de l’habitation principale.

Your first year's interest goes in box 7VY (for the 40% allowance).  For the next four years, the annual interest goes in box 7VZ (for the 20% allowance).

As from 2009, if your property is eco-classified as exceeding the BBC2005 standard, then you get the full 40% tax credit for seven years.  In this case, you put the annual interest in box 7VX.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...