Complete France Forum

2042 Box CH and 8 years+

JohnRoss

This year Siddalls have told us to declare money from our CMI bond in box CH and not TR as it is over 8 years old. Does anybody know what effect this would have on Social charges if any i.e. CSG, CRDS and PS. As far as Income tax goes Parsnips was kind enough to provide this information in an earlier post of mine about this issue...................................JR 
      After 8 years there is a tax-free allowance against the gain element of withdrawals (4 600€ -single, 9200€ married).  As only the gain within a withdrawal is taxable this should mean that all your withdrawal is tax-free (unless you make a huge withdrawal or have been lucky enough to make massive gains within the plan)

[quote user="JohnRoss"]This year Siddalls have told us to declare money from our CMI bond in box CH and not TR as it is over 8 years old. Does anybody know what effect this would have on Social charges if any i.e. CSG, CRDS and PS. As far as Income tax goes Parsnips was kind enough to provide this information in an earlier post of mine about this issue. 

After 8 years there is a tax-free allowance against the gain element of withdrawals (4 600€ -single, 9200€ married).  As only the gain within a withdrawal is taxable this should mean that all your withdrawal is tax-free (unless you make a huge withdrawal or have been lucky enough to make massive gains within the plan)............................................JR[/quote]

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no allowance against CSG of 12.1% on all the gain. ( With the exception in french LA , that gains in "fonds in euros" are subject to CSG each year and so not subject on withdrawal ).

Archived