Complete France Forum

One step forward, two steps back.

DaveLister

Yesterday I tried to log on to my NSandI account. It was the first time since they introduced two factor authorisation and, after entering in my id and the one time passcode, the system kept returning me to the log in screen. So I gave them a call. The phone was answered quite quickly by a friendly voice who asked what the problem was. "I'm trying to log into my account and every time I enter the passcode it returns me to the login screen" I say. "Ok" says the voice, "you're having difficulty accessing your NSandI account? Have you set up a pin number?" says the voice. "No" says I. " Well, in order to set up a pin you need to go to WWW. NSandI.com/*****" "But there's nowhere to enter a pin in the login screen" I say. " You don't need a pin in order to log into your NSandI account online. You'll receive a one time passcode on your phone " says the voice. It was only then that the penny dropped. I suppose I should have been more suspicious. The call was answered quickly and the line was crystal clear but, honestly, the cadence was perfect. The human being I was eventually put through to on the other hand was on a poor quality headset and had a heavy accent.

Still can't log on. It appears that the new 2 factor system doesn't work for Linux distributions so I'm back to using good old fashioned telephone banking. Must remember to ask for a human first though. 😀

DL I had a similar problem recently.  First time with the 2 step verification and what I finally thought was, the site would not accept my phone number.  Did have to talk to a human and it took a few calls eventually.  Like you, still didn't get to do what I intended.

Some time later, I did get a couple of letters from them saying they were looking into my "complaint".  I don't remember complaining, just showed some frustration I guess.

Anyway the second letter says that "as a gesture of goodwill", they'd added 50 quid to my account.

Have not looked at the site again.  Life too complicated with other more urgent stuff to sort out so can't say if the new password they helped me set up over the phone would work.