Complete France Forum

Carte Vitale

1 hour ago, alittlebitfrench said:

There are thousands and thousands of fake CV’s in circulation. It is big business. I think that is point. There must be a way of cross referencing your ID against your CV.

There is health tourism in France as well you know. 

Go to any city A&E in France and half the people if not more look very dodge….or just very scary. Which is why you have bodyguards.

A&E is horrible in France. It is OK once you pass through to the care bit….but the waiting room. Horrible.

Sorry but your argument doesn't hold up about thousands of fake CV cards. To start with there has to be a photo on the card of the holder. Second, if a fake card was put into the machine that reads them it wouldn't work so what is the point of a 'fake' card'?

1 hour ago, Ken said:

Sorry but your argument doesn't hold up about thousands of fake CV cards. To start with there has to be a photo on the card of the holder. Second, if a fake card was put into the machine that reads them it wouldn't work so what is the point of a 'fake' card'?

https://www.tf1info.fr/societe/video-fraude-sociale-que-disent-les-chiffres-2228483.html

https://www.lepoint.fr/economie/fraude-sociale-2-6-millions-de-cartes-vitales-en-trop-12-02-2020-2362480_28.php#11

Edited by alittlebitfrench

10 hours ago, Ken said:

Not so, older cards do not have photos, my husband's doesn't. Mine does.  Difference in time in obtaining .. about 3-4 years .. mine was amongst the first of the new role out with photos.

Edited by Judith
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Judith said:

Not so, older cards do not have photos, my husband's doesn't. Mine does.  Difference in time in obtaining .. about 3-4 years .. mine was amongst the first of the new role out with photos.

A fake card still won't work in the reading machine, with or without a photo!

1 hour ago, Ken said:

A fake card still won't work in the reading machine, with or without a photo!

There are few fake cards, it is illegal health tourism (the loaning of a card to overseas visitors) that the government is  targeting.  It won't be the reissuing of carte vitales, but rather including a social security number when a new carte d'identité is issued.  Makes sense to me.

"On peut imaginer un modèle où, à compter d'une certaine date, quand vous refaites votre carte d'identité, cela devient automatiquement votre carte Vitale", a avancé le ministre délégué chargé des Comptes publics, sans plus de détails."

4 hours ago, betise said:

There are few fake cards, it is illegal health tourism (the loaning of a card to overseas visitors) that the government is  targeting.  It won't be the reissuing of carte vitales, but rather including a social security number when a new carte d'identité is issued.  Makes sense to me.

"On peut imaginer un modèle où, à compter d'une certaine date, quand vous refaites votre carte d'identité, cela devient automatiquement votre carte Vitale", a avancé le ministre délégué chargé des Comptes publics, sans plus de détails."

O.k. fake cards won't work.  So what is the scale of 'Health Tourism'? We don't know. All we do know is that the media, presumably at the behest of the government are saying there is huge fraudulent activity regarding CVs!  It is all anectdotal with no facts, stats or figures! If cards are being used illegally, how? We still don't know; at least I don't! I haven't read or heard any accusations regarding overseas 'health Tourists'.

If cards are being used this way then they must be cards with out photos and people using them risk being asked for I.D. I can't see this being 'major fraud'!  As per my initial post starting this thread, no one has come up with any real answer as to why or how CVs are being used in a 'huge fraud'!

Even the Minister can't give any details! Just uses his 'imagination'!!