Complete France Forum

Investments

CeeJay

Recently sold house in Uk and looking at sending a substantial part to France for investment.I am keen on the Livret A but would like to know if it is possible to also open a livret de développement durable  at the same time. Does this have the same rules etc as the Livret A and what would the maximum amount be. I am not in the market for a share based investment but wish to keep, as far as possible, inflation down and ready access to my money. If I withdraw part during one year is it possible to top up again, not like an ISA?

[quote user="CeeJay"]Recently sold house in Uk and looking at sending a substantial part to France for investment.I am keen on the Livret A but would like to know if it is possible to also open a livret de développement durable  at the same time. Does this have the same rules etc as the Livret A and what would the maximum amount be. I am not in the market for a share based investment but wish to keep, as far as possible, inflation down and ready access to my money. If I withdraw part during one year is it possible to top up again, not like an ISA?
[/quote]

Yes you can have a Livret A as well as an LDD. For the LDD the limit is 6000 euros and the current rate is 2%

You can withdraw and deposit funds as you wish - there are no restrictions.

If you are interested in a more long-term investment with tax advantages after 8 years, have a look at an Assurance Vie Fonds en Euros. This is a straightforward cash investment plan (no shares) which generally offers a better rate of interest than Livrets

If you do a search on Assurance Vie on this site you will find a lot of info (you need to watch out for management fees and investment charges on some accounts)

Archived