Complete France Forum

HI EVERYONE,

we are moving to les mottes in the summer and cant wait! we are due to come out to sort out paperwork etc for a few days 11th -15th may. one of our main aims during our visit is to take our 2 boys to look at the local schools ready for them to start the new term in september, they are aged 14 and 10. we have written to Groupe Scolaire Robert Bonnaud in Fontenay and Ecole primaire publique in st Hermine for our 10 year old and college Francois Viete Fontaney and College d'Anglee St hermine for our 14 year old. As yet we still haven't had any return correspondance.

HELP does any one know anything about any of the schools mentioned or could advise us about how to sort out schooling. Better still does anyone have any children similar ages to ours living near to les mottes that we could make contact with?

Sorry, not near you I'm afraid, but I think (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that you do have to go via the Maire to get your kids into school, rather than make an approach direct. In the end, the Maire will, I believe, have to contact schools on your behalf to get your children a place. This could be why you haven't heard from the schools you've contacted. I'm going on the experience of friends, rather than my personal experience, but if I've got entirely the wrong end of the stick I'm sure someone else will say so!

Jane

Archived