Complete France Forum

Can anyone tell me where advertising stops and or "recommending" begins? Is it legitimate for example for me who has something to sell or market, to get a friend to mention the item on the Living France site? Without wishing either to be too po-faced or puritanical, this seems a very easy way to get round the no-advertising rule. Two current examples in the Western France Forum are "Anyone Living Near l'Absie" and "Curry in the Vendée", though I am sure that neither of the posters had advertising in mind when they posted.

If this is a tacitly acceptable form of advertising can I please recommend .........

Tag

Tag - I think the key here is that it is only 'genuine' third party recommendations that are allowed.

Someone may get away with a 'spoof' recommendation once, but believe me, admin and the mods are very aware of the games people play, rather a waste of time when you consider that there are a number of sites where advertising is allowed and that there is also a pm system here.

If you have a complaint or suspect a posting is not genuine you should contact one one of the mods.

Archived