Complete France Forum

Afternoon at the Races

I recently posted a message about an Afternoon at the Races, for any of the 55 people that viewed it then here are the details for this Sunday.

Please note: reply to races@vendee-gites.co.uk
For all of you who would like to go to the races here is the time plan and other info.
Sunday June 5th 2005

The coach leaves the bar "La Coussotte" St. Martin des Fontaines at 13.15 ish!, I suggest everyone get there a little before, got to have a little aperitif before we go, it would be rude not too!! Arrival back at St Martin should be early evening 20.00 ish!?? 

For those thinking about food, there is a set Buffet at the course restaurant. I believe this is a set price of €13.00, but there are snacks available (baguettes etc.) price unknown but they are not usually extortionate, there is a bar obviously!! alternatively, you can bring some sandwiches and have a picnic.

The coach travel cost depends on the final numbers, the exact numbers I am not sure of at the moment but if everyone who expressed an interest turns up then the price should be about €7.00 per head, entry to the course is free.

There is a race dedicated to our party and we all get the chance to mingle with the race winner and perhaps have a photo taken with the winner for the newspaper.

The long range weather forecast for the day is warm and sunny with an outside chance of a light shower but don't hold me to that!

Could you all please just confirm you are  coming and the number in your party (names might be helpful also), if you think you know someone else that may wish to come there should be a bit of space still on the coach, please let me know beforehand so I can confirm there is sufficient room on the bus.
Here's to a nice day out, I look forward to seeing you all on the day.

Archived