Complete France Forum

Work Needed (hope it is ok here)

Hi I'm Alec I am 28 years and I Will be moving to a village near La Rochelle In the next six to twelve weeks. I am looking for work and which will also be an opportunity to improve my French language skills. Most of my French is self taught and I have a natural ability to pick up words and phrases extremely quickly. I can speak a Basic to intermediate amount of French and of course mother tongue English. I am a have been working for 3 years for Network Rail Operations in the uk investigating train delays, and before this working in workforce safety. I alos have credit management skills, as I spent 5 years working as a credit controller for a number of different small companies. I have excellent administratin, word processing, customer service and interpersonal skills and am as adept and confident in an office as I am working outside or meting people. I have also worked in hotels, restaurants and bars before and 6 years ago was running a nightclub with my ex partner. I am willing to train into a new job or do any kind of job, indoors or out so as to improve my french and integrate into both French and the Expat community.
My reason for moving to Charente Maritime is that we have been on holiday there a few times and fell in love with the area, the culture and the people, and so we have decided along with my current partners parents to move to the area.
If you would like to know more about my past work history please contact me and I will send a copy of my CV for your perusal.
Many thanks for reading my post, Alec

I wish you good luck in your search.  However, from what many people say (i.e. not

my personal experience), finding employment is hard enough for the French but

can be even harder when you are not fluent. 

It may be worth considering what work you can do as self-employed as a

backup plan.

Just a thought and good luck with your search.

Ian

If earning an income is essential for every day living, then you should be looking for work opportunities in the La Rochelle before you go there permanently. France has high unemployment which can make it even more difficult for a non French resident finding a job. In order to give yourself time to settle in, a financial safety net should be in place to cover your living needs for a least 6-12 months.

I wish you all good fortune with your plans and hope you enjoy the French way of life.

Baz

Archived