Complete France Forum

If you look at a plan of La Roche, you can see why it's called the "pentagone", as it has an inner ring road made up of five boulevards.

The main entrance to the stud is on one of these - the Boulevard des Etats Unis in the south-east sector of the pentagon, the bit between the La Tranche road and the Luçon road. It's just near a sharp bend with a fancy flower bed that usually spells out the town's name in begonias!
The General Galieni address (on the above website) is at the back of the stud, maybe the administrative offices.

Are you going to that new exhibition?  Thought I may go along there when I am over at the end of the month.

Angela

www.the-vendee.co.uk

Hello

Thank you both for the directions. I managed to find it!

The photographic exhibition you mentioned Angela was very good,  displayed on lit boards around the perimeter walls of the grounds. Some of the pictures were remarkable,  the images captured really are amazing.

We  purposely went to see the dressage displays given at various times during the day.The display we saw was very impressive with both the horses/ riders displaying great skill.

A guided tour was also given with children and adults being shown around in seperate groups . This was lovely for the children , they were given the opportunity to see the horses and foals close-up  and the adult group were given more information relating to the history of  'Le Haras'.

We felt it was well worth a visit.

Ooh, sounds good, FF. 

The Conseil General has taken over the Haras I think, so as to keep it going in La Roche.  Perhaps as a result, it seems to be becoming much more visitor-friendly.  Certainly sounds like it from your description!

Angela