Complete France Forum

Chatelaillon Plage

We're off to our house in the Dordogne at the end of September and thought we might spend a few days (perhaps even a week) having a break on the way home. We've always planned to visit La Rochelle and it seems the weather is likely to be as good here as anywhere at this time of year. However, when we came to look at accommodation, prices seem very high, even out of season, and I get the impression that many cheaper places are let to students. We started looking further afield and came across some reasonably priced accommodation in Chatelaillon Plage which would seem to make a good base for visiting La Rochelle and the surrounding area.

I wonder if anyone knows this resort? I realise that it'll be very quiet out of season but as I live on the Isle of Wight I think I'm quite prepared for this! We're really looking for an attractive base with a few (cheapish) restaurants, flat walks along the front and easy access to La Rochelle. Nightlife not required! Can anyone tell me if Chatelaillon fits the bill?

Thanks

Hi

Chatelaillon Plage is a beautifull place, the restraunts are good, not expensive its flat, the views are wonderfull, the houses along the seafront are all different, its a really nice place to go.

All along that coast line is beautifull especially La Rochelle.

Make sure you come off the main road and drive along the little coast roads, the little fishing villages are pretty and have a wonderfull atmosphere.

Have a good time

Nina

Chatellaillon is our favourite beach and yes we lived on the Isle of Wight for 7 years prior to coming here! Newbridge!

It is only 45 mins drive for us. Pretty quiet all year round because there are not amusement arcades ect. Good fish restaurants. Prices are alway high near the coast.

We have accommodation here if you are interested?

Bonne Chance

www.le-tilleul.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived