Complete France Forum

Hi everyone
This is my second post, great reading with plenty of info. But could do with some advice from all you who may know how to " keep the neighbours chickens OUT of my garden". Any ideas?
Thanks, you could be saving my veg patch

Our chickens were getting into our neighbours back garden and digging up his vegetables.  I found him repairing the wall between the 2 properties - on discovering the reason I apologised.  He was not unhappy, it is his wall, and his ducks fly into the front of our property - c'est la vie.  We have now cleared out our copse, so there are some 20+ decent trees left, in the process of fencing in the area for the chickens, ducks etc ( it has an artificial pond in there).

Have a friendly word - if it is his partition then hopefully he will repair the wall/fence. It is part of the french countryside to have chickens scratch around .... is it worth falling out over?

Another neighbour tells us when our ducks have flown off to eat mushrooms (which they love) down on the prairie.  If I am not there he takes my wife down to them on his tractor.

Our dogs, 2 GSDs, occasionally decide to jump the wall and have a stroll round the village - nobody bats an eye.  At least they don't steal cheese rounds from my neighbour's fridge like one of our previous dogs - my neighbour thought he was adorable and probably egged him on - certainly dines on the story in Paris!!

We have built up good relationships with our friends in the village over 14 years - sometimes it is the Brits that are not laid back enough - if there is a fuss in the village over trivialities (and I am not talking about the dogs) it normally involves a johnny come lately.

regards

Vern

Archived