Complete France Forum

Full scale production

OK, Having had so much trouble trying to find a job I have decided to create my own work.

I am at the market research stage at the moment, so what I am after is some feedback on the following. Would people out there be interested in the following: buying homemade country style breads, breadcakes, ovenbottoms from myself made using my bread oven, which is huge and definately big enough to do quite a few. I am also think of setting up an English shop that goes around the markets in the charente would anybody use this regularly? I would also be selling other things like pasties, pies, steak and kidney puddings all frozen and ready to be defrosted and cooked in your own homes, along with other "ready prepared" meals. I also plan to make desserts, apple crumbles victoria sponges etc. I would also be interested to know if there would be any call for someone to come to your homes to cook for small dinner parties. I can prepare menus or these at varying price levels per head.

I kow it's alot but sometimes you have to make your own future.

Regards  Alec 

SWMBO makes our bread, cake etc however catering for dinner parties sounds good.  Which part of France are you in.  Keep this forum posted on your website details - interested to see prices.

What is your experience in the catering trade?

Will you be registered?

regards

Vern

My experience is that I am a qualified chef and have worked for many years in deiiferent kinds of restaurants from , pubs and bars to restaurants and brasseries.

Yes I do intend on registering, I came here for a French life so I have to accept the good things (the sun and the climate not this year tho) and the bad (taxes etc).

I am based not far from Aigre and Mansle but for obvious reasons I will be mobile and depending on the "business" will depend on how far I am willing to travel.

I also thought about setting up a gite/ home and property maintenance kind of business I have a friend who does this in the south of the region, which includes airport shuttles etc.

Archived