Complete France Forum

Looking for native English speakers.

Hi to all members,

I am french living in La ROCHELLE, I would like to meet near where I live with native English speakers to continue to speak English, what I was not doing at all during the last 7 years.

I would be more than please to chat to with members of this forum. Waiting for answer.

Guy1728

Hi guy and welcome to the forum, you will find by joining the different threads lots of people will speak to you, it always nice to have a real french persons point of view of some of the topics that are discussed, especially to do with customs and local knowledge and the correct way of saying things, hope to see you joining in with the chatter, hope you have a good sence of humour [:)]

Morning Tom and thank you for your welcome answer !! I will join the chat for shure and it will be exciting to get the understanding and position of foreign people living in the country about french way of living french things and people.

Waiting to chat with you soon.

Regards.

Guy 1728

Hi Guy, sorry I didnt explain myself very well , I was refering to another discussion on the language thread that I had posted, if you go and have a look at it you will see it has now been explained to me. The Langauge section is a place where you could be very helpful to a lot of us who are doing classes and need help with our home work.

It turned out to be a pas as in ne pas that I was hearing , it was simple really, but I have now learnt that some times when speaking you miss out the ne , which is why I was confused.

Its my class today and I will be coming home with lots of home work so I hope you are free for the next few days [:)][;-)] only joking ..................

What do you do in france ? love to hear a little more about you,?

Pads[:)]    

Hi Guy, i'm afraid I live on the other side of the country to you, but I sometimes visit a friend near Lusignan, so the next time I'm there maybe we can meet up for a beer and a chat in Niort or somewhere?

In the meantime, if you like rugby, come and join us in the thread we've got going. [:)]

I am pleased to hear that you got the explanation you were looking for. I am sorry but I will not be available this week as we will live early morning saturday going to Pyrennes for a week of winter sport.

My occupation in France is quite pleasant as I am retired !!   I am glad to enjoy the good and sweet life with my wife Claudine and our son Hugo.

What about you where are you coming from ?? Where do you live ??

Guy

Guy I was only joking about you helping me , but have a look at the language thread you will see lots of discussions you can join in on .

I live at the moment in Cornwall ( Cornouailles)which in in the southwest of England, but about  2 years ago we brought a house in the Montagne Noir which is north of Carcassonne, One day we will come to live there, but first I must learn to speak french well. I am having lessons which I find hard, but I am getting there slowley, my writing is better than my speaking as I dont have any one to pratice with near me. I like to ride horses and the area in the montagne where we are is ideal for riding. I would like to learn to ski and intend to when we move near the Pyrennes.       

Archived