Complete France Forum

Route of planned High-Speed track between Tours-Bordeaux?

Hope someone can help with this please. [8-)]

We have seen a map showing the new planned route of the high-speed track between Tours and Bordeaux, and it appears that the new track seems to run mainly to the west of the existing TGV conventional track, apart from the most southerly section, which runs to the east of the exisiting track.

Does anyone know the EXACT route, or have a link showing it? (i.e. Which communes along the route will be within 'earshot', that were not before?).

Also, when is the track scheduled to be in service?

Thanks [:)]

Hello

This site has some useful info on the new line - LGV, it quotes Angouleme Bordeaux 2013, Tours Anglouleme 2016.  You can enter your commune and see how close it will come:

Angouleme - Bordeaux

http://www.lgvsudeuropeatlantique.org/cartes_angouleme_bordeaux.asp?&sX_Menu_selectedID=left_E5A45CE4&part

Tours - Angouleme

http://www.lgvsudeuropeatlantique.org/cartes_tours_angouleme.asp?sX_Menu_selectedID=left_FFCA3DA3&part

Panda

Hello

I believe works on the Angouleme to Bordeaux line are due to start soonish (although locals here say that's been said for a .longtime), certainly to get it up and running by 2013 it would need to start before 2012 I would have thought but maybe you meant for the other section?

Panda

Yes, it is the Tours-Angouleme section we are most interested in, particularly the stretch between Poitiers and Angouleme.

Just wondered when the works would be going on, and when it was likely to open to passengers.

Quoting from the link:

Le calendrier prévisionnel

Second semestre 2008 : Déclaration d’utilité publique
2012 : Début des travaux
2016 : Mise en service

Thanks again. [:D]